Alzheimer’s & Dementia Care – Resources & Links
- February 7, 2012 –Obama to boost Alzheimer’s research funding
The Obama administration will push for a $156 million increase in funding for Alzheimer’s research over the next two years.
- 2010 Alzheimer’s Disease Facts and Figures
This includes a special report on race, ethnicity an Alzheimer’s disease.
AARP, formerly known as the American Association of Retired Persons, is a United States-based non-governmental organization and interest group. According to its mission statement, it is a non-profit, nonpartisan membership organization for people age 50 and over … dedicated to enhancing quality of life for all as we age. It provides a wide range of unique benefits, special products, and services for their members.
- Alzheimer’s Association (South Carolina)
- Alzheimer’s Association (North Carolina)
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, Inc.
- National Association of Professional Geriatric Care Managers (NAPGCM)
- National Family Caregivers Association
- 10 Ways to Deal with Caregiver Stress.
When you are caring for others, it’s critical that you first take care of yourself. These 10 tips will help keep your stress in check.